Projekt & Administrative Officer
Founded in 1988 by three theatres in France, Germany and Belgium, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) has become Europe’s largest network for public theatres with 40 houses from more than 20 countries. We share and facilitate the joint promotion, creation and dissemination of contemporary dramatic arts and linguistic diversity within Europe and beyond. We support collaborations that foster cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue and serve as a platform for the professional exchange, training and capacity building of theatre-makers in an international context. We promote and strengthen European theatre as a vital platform for dialogue, democracy and interaction that responds to; reflects and engages with today’s diverse audiences and changing societies. ETC’s activities foster a socially-engaged, inclusive notion of theatre that brings Europe’s social, linguistic and cultural to as large an audience and communities as possible both locally and internationally.
Reporting directly to the acting Executive Director, the Project & Administrative Officer shall be responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake additional duties as reasonably directed by the acting Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
We are looking for a new colleague with:
• A university degree or equivalent in theatre studies, arts and cultural management;
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in project & production management in a European cultural environment, preferably within theatre and the performing arts
• Fluent command of written and spoken English and German with a good writing style, French would be a plus, additional European languages are an asset;
• A strong interest and knowledge in theatre, the European culture sector and related issues;
• A positive and adaptable approach to problem solving;
• The ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels;
• Good IT (Office Pack) and social media skills.
We expect you to:
• Contribute to the day-to-day running of the organisation, as well as to assist the ETC team with the implementation of the ETC work plan and ETC’s EU funded project ENGAGE
The main tasks include:
• Organisational assistance with ETC’s conferences, projects and workshops (logistic arrangements, elaboration and editing of materials and documentation)
• Administrative coordination of ETC’s office
• Financial reporting support and preparation of funding reports (especially for EU-funded projects)
• Support successful implementation of ETC’s communication strategy via internal and external channels (updating website, dissemination activities, media and press relations)
• Maintenance of Database
• to be part of a small, inspiring and international team
• a full-time employment contract, 40h per week with a salary in line with experience plus 50% of your monthly public transport card of Berlin
• Travels and meetings may take place during evenings and weekends
The position is granted on a limited term until 31 March 2020. Start: 1 May 2019
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, work examples and references) with your salary expectation by email with « Project & Administrative Officer » as subject to the attention of Ms Hélène Gauthier to: email@example.com.
ETC is committed to move toward equality and greater diversity. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants, including people with disabilities, no matter their gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, social, religious or philosophical backgrounds.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place: 13 March 2019 in Berlin. We are not able to reimburse you for travel costs to the interview.
Deadline for applications: 04 March 2019
European Theatre Convention e.V.
c/o Deutsches Theater , Schumannstr. 13 A