IT System Administrator (m/f/d)
Konzerthaus Berlin seeks an IT System Administrator (m/f/d) starting on November 1, 2022
- a part-time (50%) position ending on December 31, 2024 -
Hosting 650 events every year attended by more than 300,000 visitors, the Konzerthaus Berlin on Gendarmenmarkt is one of the state’s leading cultural institutions. The Konzerthaus Berlin itself presents ca. 300 concerts per year, including up to 100 concerts by the Konzerthaus Orchestra, chamber orchestra and chamber music series, a comprehensive education programme and seasonal thematic focuses. Bringing classical music to a broad audience is part of the institution’s core mission. Furthermore, the Konzerthaus partners with national and international cultural creators. The Konzerthaus employs ca. 200 staff and musicians and is a non-incorporated institution of the State of Berlin.
The IT department is responsible for the network and computer infrastructure of the Konzerthaus Berlin, supporting its artistic planning and administration in all IT issues.
- Helping to oversee all technology operations and their evaluation, in keeping with set goals
- Helping to shift administrative processes online
- Helping to analyse and optimize business processes
- Helping to develop and implement IT projects
- Installing, configuring and maintaining MS server and client systems
- Installing, configuring and maintaining active network components
- User support in all IT areas
- Documentation of the IT environment
- A degree in informatics, completed vocational training as a qualified IT specialist for system integration, or a comparable qualification, ideally in several of the fields specified above
- Work experience in the areas of networks, MS server / client systems and IT security
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server (2016/2019), MS SQL Server (2016/2019), MS Exchange Server (2016/2019)
- Knowledge of network security
- Knowledge of Linux and MacOS
- Knowledge of virtualization solutions (ideally VMware)
- Knowledge of essential IT core processes and IT processes
- Interest in IT security and data protection tasks
- Excellent knowledge of German, good knowledge of English
- Structured working methods and a highly developed sense of responsibility and quality
- Proactive attitude towards your team colleagues and communication, friendly and open mindset
- Willingness to acquire the knowledge necessary for the job within a short timeframe
- High resilience and an ability to manage stressful situations
Maintaining a friendly, professionally appropriate attitude towards all staff and guests of the Konzerthaus comes naturally to you.
WHAT WE OFFER
Remuneration is determined by the collective agreement TV-L (Remuneration Group 11), plus a partial capital city allowance and public service supplementary benefits.
The employment is undertaken in accordance with § 15 Item 1 No. 7 of the Part-Time Employment and Terminability Act, and will terminate on December 31, 2024, pending the confirmation of funding by the Berlin Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The position is financed by means from the State of Berlin Fund for Innovation, specifically the “Programme Digital Transformation and Resilience Dispatcher – Chapter 0810/ 68569”. The Konzerthaus aims to extend the term of employment beyond the termination date specified above.
We offer a very interesting, diverse and responsible position in a culture-oriented and inspiring environment, team-oriented structures and a BVG corporate ticket.
Working hours may be flexible.
The successful candidate’s ideal start date is November 1, 2022.
ARE YOU INTERESTED? WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION!
Please submit your complete written application via email only to email@example.com by October 2, 2022. Please note that the application file should not exceed 5 MB and that all documentation and certificates must be compiled in one PDF document (1 attachment).
Your contact person for all questions regarding your application is Rika Schöndube (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications from women are explicitly encouraged, as are applications from people with a migration background, provided they meet the employment criteria. Persons with severe handicaps will be treated preferentially if their qualifications are on par with other applicants.
Please note: as part of the application process, we will collect, process and use your personal data. The Konzerthaus Berlin will not pass such data on to third parties and will comply with data protection regulations.
All documents submitted will be destroyed after six months at the latest, in keeping with data protection regulations.
Please note that any costs for travel, subsistence or accommodation incurred in connection with an application unfortunately cannot be reimbursed by the Konzerthaus.